In their most recent paper, ‘Mapping the evolving complexity of large hydropower project finance in low and lower-middle income countries‘, published in Green Finance, Markkanen, Plummer Braeckman and Souvannaseng describe and compare the advantages and limitations of three financing models that are available, or have previously been used, for large hydropower development in low-income and lower-middle income countries. The purpose of this analysis is to support informed public sector decision making in these countries as they consider the optimal development of their natural resources.
- Pump storage hydropower is a vital component of a decarbonised grid.
- New evidence for nature-based solutions to Africa’s water issues
- Webinar: The Word Commission on Dams: A new consensus on large dams?
- Politics, power and ambition in Ethiopia’s electricity sector
- The Conversation: ‘Big irrigation projects in Africa have failed to deliver. What’s needed next’