In their most recent paper, ‘Mapping the evolving complexity of large hydropower project finance in low and lower-middle income countries‘, published in Green Finance, Markkanen, Plummer Braeckman and Souvannaseng describe and compare the advantages and limitations of three financing models that are available, or have previously been used, for large hydropower development in low-income and lower-middle income countries. The purpose of this analysis is to support informed public sector decision making in these countries as they consider the optimal development of their natural resources.
- The ex-ante economic analysis of investments in large dams: a brief history
- Power Systems and Covid-19: Crisis or bringing sectors together to survive and thrive?
- Webinar – Climate finance for hydropower: enabling the transition to a low-carbon future
- The pros and cons of large hydropower financing models. New open access research
- Webinar: Hydropower finance – complexity, risk and private sector investment