Assessment and Decision Making
Free, web-based simulation tools for river basins and energy systems
WaterStrategy is a free online platform for collaborative water management and planning. Water-energy-food-environment system simulations can easily be built, updated, run, visualized, and shared.
Access the latest river basin simulation and assessment tools at WaterStrategy.org
- Assessing interventions (new infrastructure and policies) in water resource systems.
- Multisector evaluation of water supply and allocation in water-energy-food-environment systems.
- Climate change impact assessments.
- Integrated water resources management (IWRM) studies.
- Easy-to-use graphical user interface for water-energy-food-environment system modeling.
- Cloud computing to securely manage large datasets and models on Microsoft Azure.
- Track system evolution over space and time (flows, storages, abstractions, transfers, etc.) and report on system performance (reliability, resilience, vulnerability, cost, etc.).
- Share models and results in a secure and controlled way within teams and with decision-makers and stakeholders.
A hydro dam currently under construction in Ethiopa is set to be the largest hydropower plant in Africa, but could be heading towards controversy for international agreements on water sharing. New research from FutureDAMS points out that some negotiated strategies for...
Get step-by-step instructions on how to use the online simulation and assessment tools with the FutureDAMS tutorial videos.
FutureDAMS is developing and applying bespoke models to our case study regions.