- Water resources / power system simulation and optimisation
- The social impacts of dams
- Political science and governance
- Climate, ecology and hydrological science
- Economic analyses of dams, including food, agriculutre and livelihoods
- Financing dams
To register for a webinar, click the register button by each title.
Presentations will usually follow a standard academic 30-minute format + 15 minutes for questions and moderated discussion. The webinars will take place every two weeks on Zoom and recordings of the webinars will be made available afterwards.
Complete the sign-up form to receive information about upcoming presentations and news from FutureDAMS. If you would like to present a FutureDAMS webinar, please contact Rose Sumner.
Sign up to our e-news for updates:
We explore the history of ex-ante assessment of large dams, paying particular attention to six key developments that have occurred since the 1950’s and the gap between academics and practitioners to highlight the need for a new era of engagement. More…
- Climate finance for hydropower: enabling the transition to a low-carbon future
Sejal Patel and Neha Rai, IIED. 02/06/2020.
- Hydropower finance: complexity, risk and private sector investment
Judith Plummer Braeckmann and Sanna Markkanen, Cambridge Centre for Sustainability Leadership. 12/05/2020
- Resettlement of Gumuz communities around Ethiopia’s Blue Nile dam
Dr Sarah Vaughan, Honorary Fellow of Edinburgh University, UK, and Principal at thepolicypractice.com. 21/04/2020.